Looking for an internship, job or a career change? The Big Ten career expo is for you! Registration is FREE and it is an exclusive opportunity for students and alumni of Big Ten universities.
WHAT: 2012 Big Ten Conference Career Expo presented by Bacterin International
WHEN: Friday, March 9 from 9 AM – 3 PM.
WHERE: Union Station in Downtown Indianapolis
During the Expo, there will be a breakout session focused on careers in sports. The session runs during the Expo from 10:30–11:30 a.m. Panelists for the Careers In Sports: The Sporting Life include:
• Bill Benner – Senior Associate Commissioner for External Affairs at the Horizon League. Previously he was a sports columnist for the Indianapolis Star.
• Carl Daniels – Senior Manager at Adidas responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key staff members from the National Basketball Association and selected individuals from teams within the league.
• Mike Fox – Stadium Director for Lucas Oil Stadium and formerly Stadium Director at the RCA Dome. In this role he manages the facility that hosts NCAA’s Men’s Final Fours Big Ten Football Championship games, and most recently Super Bowl XLVI.
• Holly Heitzman – Athletic Trainer for St Vincent Sports Medicine. In addition to her work at St. Vincent, she also spent eight seasons as athletic trainer for the Indiana Fever of the WNBA.
• Clark Kellogg – Lead college basketball analyst for CBS Sports and Vice President of Player Relations for the Indiana Pacers.
• Molly Mason – Vice President of Marketing and National Accounts for Bacterin. Bacterin is on the cutting edge of sports medicine. Over the course of the past year, the company has been working on developing therapies that will return young student athletes to competition.
• Allison Melangton – President and CEO of the 2012 Super Bowl Host Committee. She has more than 25 years of national and international experience in sports and events management, and has worked seven Olympic Games for NBC Sports.
• Eddie White – Director of Corporate Communications for Pacers Sports & Entertainment. He will serve as moderator for the panel.
IUSPH Career Services
Job opportunities for Indiana University School of Public Health-Bloomington majors are diverse and expanding as the emphasis on living a healthy lifestyle grows around the world. Career Services experts in each of our academic departments will provide one-on-one counseling and career building opportunities throughout your academic career, from choosing the right major to developing a strategy to find a job. They can assist you with:
•resume and cover letter preparation
•graduate school preparation