One of the best ways to get involved and develop your experience in your field of study is to join student clubs on campus. Student clubs are a great way to get to know people, expand your knowledge, network, and to add to your resume! So why not get involved? Most clubs on campus are either free or charge a small semester or yearly fee. And they are so easy to join; all you have to do is show up! Here is a list of some clubs you might want to get involved in:
- Kinesiology Club- open to all students interested in Kinesiology. It provides social experiences, networking, and volunteer opportunities to members. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indiana University Sports Marketing Alliance (IUSMA)– IUSMA’s aim is to increase its member’s knowledge of the sports industry through valuable networking trips and speakers who are significant in the business world of sports. Contact: Eholmen@indiana.edu
- IU SportCom Club- The official club of sport media. If you love sports and love talking about them, this is a great way to start developing content. This club also has several networking opportunities and speakers from the professional world that attend every semester. Contact: Gclavio@indiana.edu
- Business Careers in Entertainment- The BCEC is a student club for those who have a desire to pursue a career on the business side of entertainment. This club involves many different divisions of the industry including sports. Contact: email@example.com
- Physical Therapy Club- This club gives students the opportunity to arrange and hold meetings with PT admissions representatives, guest speakers, and students who have been admitted to PT programs. Lots of networking! Join the PT email list here for information about upcoming meetings!
- IU Pre Physician Assistant Club- The purpose of this club is to share information about PA schools and what the requirements are for most of them. This club has representatives that visit and many opportunities for students to start gaining experience. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Athletic Board (SAB)- The Student Athletic Board is the one of the best ways to get involved with IU Athletics. SAB members work directly with the athletic department by volunteering for events. This is a great way to gain experience! Contact: email@example.com
- Student Alumni Association- SAA is one of the most active student organizations on campus. It can help you build connections, network, and will make this wonderful university feel like home. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit here.
- Professional Tourism Management Club- PTMC is a non-profit, student run organization that seeks to collaborate with communities and organizations to facilitate hands on experiences in the fields of event planning. Contact: email@example.com
Contact any of the emails listed above if you are interested and would like more information. Now is the time to start getting involved!
IUSPH Career Services
Job opportunities for Indiana University School of Public Health-Bloomington majors are diverse and expanding as the emphasis on living a healthy lifestyle grows around the world. Career Services experts in each of our academic departments will provide one-on-one counseling and career building opportunities throughout your academic career, from choosing the right major to developing a strategy to find a job. They can assist you with:
•resume and cover letter preparation
•graduate school preparation