As the second half of the fall semester is quickly approaching, HPER Career Services has multiple events remaining worth including on your calendar! Each event will provide useful and insightful opportunities to enhance your resume, network with employers, and expand your overall professional presence and positioning. Below is a list of remaining events accompanied by descriptions to help you prepare for and plan for each. Be sure to check back with iusphcareers.wordpress.com for updates on currently scheduled and new events as they are planned!
NCSA Athletic Recruiters (10/12; 2-4 pm open session/meet and greet in HPER lobby, presentation 4-6 pm in HPER 125)
- NCSA Athletic Recruiters is a high school student athlete recruiting service based out of Chicago, IL. They assist high school athletes in their college recruiting process and work directly with both athletes and coaches/universities. For more on NCSA’s visit www.ncsasports.org.
HPER Career Services Resume Workshop (10/26; 12-2 pm in HPER 125)
- The HPER Career Services Resume Workshop will provide insightful resume analysis and critique from current business professionals and Career Services interns. The workshop will also provide tutorials on how to access and utilize resume and cover letter programs like Optimal Resume and the Resume Wizard.
Indiana Ice Inside the Front Office (11/4; 1-5 pm at the Pepsi Coliseum on the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis, IN)
- The Indiana Ice Inside the Front Office event offers the opportunity to connect with multiple sports organizations within the Indianapolis area. Representatives from the Indiana Ice, the Indianapolis Colts, Indiana Pacers, and the NCAA will be present. The event has a $25 advanced registration fee which includes parking, two tickets to the Indiana Ice game against Cedar Rapids that evening, a tour of the Pepsi Coliseum, and a $5 concession credit. Registration the day of the event is $30. For more on the event click here.
HPER Job and Internship Fair (11/9; 10:30 am-1 pm in HPER 163) – UPDATED (10/14)
- The HPER Job and Internship fair will feature over 40 organizations and businesses from throughout the Midwest. Dress professionally, bring your resume, and prepare for potential ‘interview style’ interaction and conversation during the event! Confirmed guests can be found here (new additions listed in red)
Indiana Ice on campus interviews (11/9; will follow HPER Job and Internship Fair; location TBD)
- Following the career fair the Indiana Ice will be conducting on campus interviews for internship positions. More on this opportunity will become available closer to the event.
Career Break: Graduate School Preparation (11/15; 12-2 pm in HPER 125)
- Thinking about attending graduate school? This career break will offer tips, application deadlines and to-do lists, advice from current graduate school professors and students, and advice on choosing the school and program that fits you best!
Have ideas for events/workshops that HPER Career Services could offer? We want to hear from you! Send us your suggestions by commenting below.
IUSPH Career Services
Job opportunities for Indiana University School of Public Health-Bloomington majors are diverse and expanding as the emphasis on living a healthy lifestyle grows around the world. Career Services experts in each of our academic departments will provide one-on-one counseling and career building opportunities throughout your academic career, from choosing the right major to developing a strategy to find a job. They can assist you with:
•resume and cover letter preparation
•graduate school preparation